2012/11/04

White Death

Hey bro's. I got a random sudden phone interview on thursday, about wireframes or some shit like that. And I guess I did good, so I have an in-person interview on Monday, so most of this weekend I have been building a basically brand new mobile/ ux / ui portfolio and I have not had as much time to work on this as I would have wanted. 

But I did manage to do one painting / page. Let me know what you guys think. 


Here is the actual guy, but I think my dude is more awesome looking. Also, his face is drooping because he got shot in the face, and lived. My guy is pre-face-shooting.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent dood, congrats!!

    Looks good so far, I like how you handled his face! There's a nice mix of control and looseness. I don't think he necessarily has to look like the real guy since it's not trying to be some super realistic retelling.

    Anyway, the color palette is working overall, but I'm not sure if that blue is the right choice for the speech bubbles. You don't have to render it like crazy or anything, but you might wanna tighten up the rifle a bit more.

    Onwaaarrddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you saw right through my bullshit. I did a terrible job with his hands, and I initially wanted to make a comic so I put the speech bubbles to strategically cover up the parts that were a no - no.

    Thats the thing Im proud in, the color palette. I try to make it wintery, but also warm. Honostly, I could have just taken the guy out and painted a happy little winter forest, put a little happy tree here....

    Onward indeed!

    ReplyDelete