2012/10/27

Vulture BOT 1

Shit yeah, with 5 minutes to spare! As always, (as it was in school) I was super disappoint with the first attempt at the project, the one I was posting. Half way through it I though it looked amateurish and retarded. So after spend hours on it, I had to scrap it. I put on my big boy illustrator pants and wanted to do something that could conceivably be an illustration in an article or some shit. You know, we all want to be in the New Yorker! Im much more pleased with my second attempt. I got to talk on the phone with the last years Illustrator judge, and he told me that illustrators are important because of the concepts. Anyway, let me have it! 











Look at this poop, and laugh in my face. 


2 comments:

  1. Old habits die hard, heh!

    Shame about the second one, because aside from some line weight issues here and there the characters and composition are fine. It's the colors that aren't working.

    The debt collector is working the way that the other one isn't. The lines are solid and the colors are really harmonious. I'm not sold on the title typeface. The faux cursive and extra lines look strange next to the typeface for the quote.

    Both of the character designs are great, I like that you chose a more realistic bird head attached to a rather normal human body. It's a bit creepy when he doesn't have bird proportions yet has bird talons and wings.

    YEY WE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING. NO EXCUSES FFFFYEAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... I love the fact you went traditional (correct me if I be wrong) on the debt collector one. I like the font of the text but I agree with Seta the title's a little off putting. The box seems to keep me from thinking this character (type of person/Archetype) exists in our space and I kinda want him to be available to transition from the picture to my sense of being. It's a weird thinking... I guess what I'm trying to say is the box is barrier for the character to interact with us? Mentally. LIke how when you watch a scary movie it's confined to the screen but the crux of the movie passes to us making it real?

    The second one, I think, is a great idea. Scavengers=vultures in a wasteland world. There's a lot to be said about the seasoned front character and less about the other two. This one I think would just require a bit more work to be finished.

    ReplyDelete