2011/12/21

Layout Pages

I really like the way Brett Weldele lays our his pages in the Surrogates. I actually used it as a model for some of my other comic books.


Lars Martinson's tonoharu is also pretty simple. His books are often long and sort of drawn out, but there is something in the monotony of his layouts that allows him to tell a story like a book, no splash pages, just to the story of loneliness and isolation.


Eleanor Davis also does interesting comics. She mostly does children's books, and I don't think that our project fits that description, but her layouts are always in a strict grid like environment that looks good on a page.


Also Ill probably lose points in everyones books but Ben Templesmith's 30days of night was also an interesting comic. When he's not going full retard on the splash pages, his layouts and grids are often really nice.


Shaun Tan (not shawn ten, who is some sort of gymnast hottie according to google image search) the arrival was also wordless and very nice.


1 comment:

  1. Wait, did I miss something about Templesmith? I always kind of liked his 30 days of night stuff.

    These are all awesome. I love Eleanor Davis and Lars Martinson especially. EEEEEE COMICS.

    ReplyDelete