2012/09/06

Thinking Thursday

Since you guys are gone I thought I'd bring you some complimentary Christiana quotes fresh from the hot press from last critique in figure drawing for illustration!

"Exaggerate your way till truth comes out."

"How do you draw things bigger? By drawing them bigger with understanding them as mass."

"A confident mistake is better than a boring fact."

"Figuring out the trek to the north pole is much more memorable than watching the north pole on the television."

"Look at how the head has a bottom, so now we have perspective."

"I don't want to be harping on what is correct."

"It's okay to put in the stuff you don't see but that you know."

"Don't say Just, kinda, or sort of...I'm interested with commitment."

"What is nice about this [drawing] is that it is very informative of what you know."

"wrong is subjective, weird is exciting."

"Take the models standard pose then extract its essence."

"I don't know about you but I find that elbow is really exciting."

(sorry, I had hard time reading it all centered)

3 comments:

  1. LOL... Christiana, although I don't get him much, he's still one of the best professors that's pushed me far along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man is like an old Sage. He's is insane and often rambles on about god know what, but if you listen there are many gems of wisdom hidden there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, that's some typical Christiana right there.

    ReplyDelete