2011/06/25

SHARING SATURDAY II :D

I was thinking of what I wanted to share and was feeling nostalgic so here are some of my childhood influences.



The first is Hiroaki Samura. He writes and draws Blade of the Immortal which is what the first two pictures are from. The last is from his artbook, Hitodenashi no Koi.. It is horrifically graphic and quite lovely at the same time. That is one of the tamer pictures so as not to scar your eyes. LOL



The second is Takehiko Inoue. Who is immaculate to say the very damn least. Those two images are panels from his comic Vagabond.

Samura and Inoue made want to learn pen and ink and pencil. I remember sitting in a hot garage trying to figure out how to make a quill not suck, how to make a brush function like a pen. I was banned from inking in the house because I was damn clumsy, haha.

These are still some of my favorite artists, but in a way, it feels like I've grown out of them a bit. Either way, I still feel strong influence from Samura in my pencils, but my inks are still piss poor. ONE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment